Underwood’s had its beginning during the Depression in the 1930’s when a Brady, Texas butcher by the name of M.E. Underwood started cooking and selling Bar-B-Q door-to-door in order to make ends meet for his growing family. By the early 40’s he had built a small white frame shack by the side of the road, and opened the first of what would become a chain of Take-Out Bar-B-Q places. After the end of link, the family moved to Brownwood and a Bar-B-Q Stand was opened on West Commerce Street. Many things have changed, but the food and menu at this cafeteria style restaurant is pretty much the same! Don’t pass on the rolls and cobbler! Can accommodate buses. Drive-thru and take-out entrances.